The Silvergate house plan 1254-D is being built in Graham, NC!
Ty Wynn of Mebane, North Carolina is currently building The Silvergate house plan 1254-D in Graham, North Carolina. Follow the progress in this Rendering-to-Reality story, from foundation to move-in ready!
The Silvergate is a Craftsman house plan with a hillside walkout foundation. This popular design offers 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, and 2401 finished sq ft.
- Great room with a cozy coffered ceiling and a fireplace.
- Gourmet kitchen with an island and a sun tunnel.
- Spacious rear porch with skylights and a screened porch.
- Master bedroom with an elegant tray ceiling and a bay window.
- Dual walk-in closets in the master suite.
- A barrel-vaulted ceiling in the master bathroom.
- Angled courtyard-entry garage with storage.
- Flexible bedroom/study on the first floor.
- An optional bonus room to extend living space.
- Basement level with a recreation room and mechanical storage.
- Two bedrooms and two full bathrooms downstairs.
Mixed materials, arched openings over the garage doors, and a metal accent roof are thoughtful exterior details that lend Craftsman appeal to the Silvergate house plan from Donald A. Gardner Architects.
The details continue on the interior of the plan. The main level includes a great room and bedroom/study with elegant, coffered ceilings along with an open kitchen and dining room arrangement that simplifies entertaining. The kitchen enjoys a sun tunnel to bring in natural light and a pocket office to complete projects. Outdoor living space is abundant, with a screen porch off the dining room and an oversized, sky lit covered porch on the rear.
The master bedroom features a dramatic tray ceiling, twin walk-in closets, and a bay window that easily accommodates a sitting area. Thoughtfully designed, the master bathroom is impressive with a barrel-vaulted ceiling above the bathtub, a walk-in shower, and a double vanity. Downstairs is a cozy rec room and two more bedrooms, one with a private bath. The ample unfinished mechanical/storage area can easily be converted to a home theater, exercise area, or for any purpose you desire. Above the two-car garage, an optional bonus room offers further expansion.
Click here to see Foundation and Framing
Roofing and Interior Insulation:
The homeowners made some modifications to customize The Silvergate to their needs. First, they reversed the plan to better fit their lot. They removed the wall between the kitchen and great room and added a cathedral ceiling. Removing the staircase behind the fireplace allowed them to expand the great room and add some custom cabinetry. Downstairs, they removed the second bathroom to enlarge the rec room. They also added a custom wet bar!
More photography coming soon!